Wednesday, May 18, 2016

(Not so) Wordless Wednesday - Arthur Elisha Ford (1896-1946)


I'm posting old family photographs from my collection on Wednesdays, but they won't be wordless posts like others do. 

Arthur Elisha Ford 

Here is one of my favorite images from my collection:

This is an "heirloom portrait" taken from a picture of my grandfather, Arthur Elisha Ford. The original picture had my grand aunt, Mary Cordelia Ford standing on his left with her hand on the wheelchair. Elisha, as he was called by my grandmother, was born 10 August 1896 in Mountain View, Stone County, Arkansas. He started having tingling in his feet in 1944 and it slowly moved up his body until he could no longer walk. This photo was taken in 1946 shortly before his death.This picture was done by the Chicago Portrait Company in Chicago, Illinois.

I have only four or five photos of my grandfather who died before I was born, and this one is very special to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews